This went down extremely well at class
I didn’t use gluten free bicarbonate soda but if you are making this gf then do change it
185g caster sugar 165g butter and 1 tbs coconut oil soft 3 eggs 150g ground almonds 130g polenta fine 2 lemons zest 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda 2 lemons juice 140g icing sugar
- Cream the butter, coconut oil and sugar together
- In a separate bowl mix all the dry ingredient: almond flour, polenta, bi carb.
- Add this mixture a bit at a time to the sugar/butter and crack in 1 egg
- Slowly incorporate the dry mix and the other 2 eggs to the butter/sugar
- Once all is mixed thoroughly together, stir in the lemon zest
- Spoon this into a lined and greased loaf tin
Bake for 35 minutes! 160c in a fan assisted oven
Turn out onto a rack to cool but while still warm do this next bit:
For the sugary syrup
- Using a stick/small thin instrument poke holes into the loaf
- Heat up the icing sugar and the lemon juice so that they dissolve in together
- Pour this gorgeousness on top of the cake
- Allow to completely cool before eating if you can!