Class 1 of Pregnancy Classes and I thought I should start as I mean To Go On in the sense that I want to create healthy snacks for my Pregnant mamas: variations of cakes but omitting maybe an egg… or being Gluten free one week or using alternatives to white sugar and veganising things. I decided on Flapjack but using date syrup instead of all that Golden Syrup. NAHHHH.
It didn’t happen
(The Flapjack was delicious BTW)
200g rolled oats
85g duche de leche*
100g Golden Syrup
1/4 tsp salt
1 medium sized banana RIPE and mushed up with a fork
*The dulche de leche is caramalised condensed milk that i boiled in its tin for nearly 2 hours making sure the water covered the tin at all times.
- Melt the butter on a low heat then add the Golden Syrup so they merge together.
- Add the Duche de leche to this HOT pan.
- Add this hot mix to a bowl with the oats and salt in it and then stir making sure all of the oats are covered in the sweet stuff.
- lastly add the banana mash and stir with big spoon
- Spoon mixture into a greased and lined pan.
- Cook on the middle shelf for 25 minutes, 180c